- For Plans, Reports and Strategies please click here
- For Monitoring Results please click here
- For CLG information please click here
- For CLG Agendas and Minutes please click here
Resource consents were granted by Greater Wellington Regional Council (“GWRC”) and Kapiti Coast District Council (“KCDC”) for the operation of a gravel quarry at 61-67 Te Roto Road, Otaki (“Ashford Park Quarry”).
The consented activity involves the extraction of 90,000 bulk cubic meters of gravel per year from the Ashford Park Quarry over a 15 – 20 year period. The gravel will be transported to Winstone’s current processing plant on its adjoining Otaki site using only internal roads.
The specific consents granted were as follows:
1. On 11 December 2015 by GWRC authorising:
- Construction of a bore at 61-67 Te Roto Road, Otaki (“Ashford Park”), being extraction of gravel which will form a lake once groundwater is intercepted (WGN160103  Land use consent); and
- Discharge of sediment at Ashford Park in stormwater runoff to the formed waterbody, created by the gravel extraction activities (WGN160103  – Discharge Permit).
2. On 24 March 2016 by KCDC authorising Winstone to establish a gravel quarry and undertake associated earthworks at Ashford Park, with transportation to and processing of the extracted material at Otaki Quarry (KCDC Consent RM150184).